Have fun and keep your eyes safe this Halloween! While it’s fun to dress up in a scary or silly costume and get candy and treats, protecting yourself and your vision is just as important.
Here are a few easy steps you can take to ensure your Halloween remains accident free and fun:
- Remember to exercise caution when it comes to decorative contact lenses. They are a medical device that require a prescription, so consult with your doctor before deciding to use them.
- Avoid costumes that may block vision like scarves that cover the face, slouchy hats, or obstructive masks.
- Carry a flashlight to improve visibility and light the way as you go from house to house.
- If you’re using makeup as part of a costume, make sure to keep it away from the eyes.
- Prevent unexpected injuries by leaving sharp objects, like fake swords or wands, at home.
- Make sure you and your group can be seen. Wear reflective clothing or add reflective tape/patches to costumes or bags.
If you have any questions about Halloween eye safety, or eye care in general, you can always call SouthEast Eye at (800) 241-2450 or visit in person at our nine convenient locations!